Sven

DevBlog #5 (Friend System)

33 posts in this topic

NOTE: The thing I pointed out about this friend system + spawning with friends in the Survival game mode has been taken care of.

Please stay tuned for exact information in the upcoming patch notes.

Best Regards,

Sven

4 hours ago, Svena69 said:

NOTE: The thing I pointed out about this friend system + spawning with friends in the Survival game mode has been taken care of.

Please stay tuned for exact information in the upcoming patch notes.

Best Regards,

Sven

That is great news Sven. Thank you for addressing it in a very timely manor.

I do have an issue that I have mentioned before that still needs attention. That issue is the hodgepodge placement of all those stacks of boulders and trees that seem to have taken over the Colorado V2 maps. The ones that stick out in my mind are, 1) Rotten Valley where the boulders are hovering above the ground. 2) Last Stop where the boulders are lodged between 2 buildings and, in my opinion, have stopped all zombie spawning in that area. 3) Cottonwood Outpost where half the encampment has been taken over by trees, shrubs and other overgrowth. 4) Death Valley where one main building, on the left side as you get closer to the encampment, has disappeared for no apparent reason. If this is the plan, to remove random buildings in established locations, it would be nice to have the lockers that are now floating out of reach, to at the very least lowered to ground level. [My ultimate wish is, if that is not possible, to return the lockers to their owners so they then can be placed in a new location. I personally have 3 such floating lockers but 2 of those were placed in temporary camp locations and, as such, I consider them as a 'learning experience' when placing lockers in temporary camps.] Also, there is a giant tree growing in the middle of a derrick where the most Supers spawn. [This one took me totally by surprise when I was escaping to higher ground to fight the super that was hot on my heels.

There are other locations around the map that I could list but I think you get the idea. In a conversation with @Silenterror, he said the issue decimating Last Stop would be addressed with the next patch. I have hope that by taking care of that issue, that maybe it could be a one shot fix to set the entire map back to where it was before those boulders were added.

I like the new building that is being proposed and look forward to seeing it in game. And, as the weekend comes to a close I hope all the staff...

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

Edited by CampersRUs

On 12/11/2017 at 2:25 AM, CampersRUs said:

That is great news Sven. Thank you for addressing it in a very timely manor.

I do have an issue that I have mentioned before that still needs attention. That issue is the hodgepodge placement of all those stacks of boulders and trees that seem to have taken over the Colorado V2 maps. The ones that stick out in my mind are, 1) Rotten Valley where the boulders are hovering above the ground. 2) Last Stop where the boulders are lodged between 2 buildings and, in my opinion, have stopped all zombie spawning in that area. 3) Cottonwood Outpost where half the encampment has been taken over by trees, shrubs and other overgrowth. 4) Death Valley where one main building, on the left side as you get closer to the encampment, has disappeared for no apparent reason. If this is the plan, to remove random buildings in established locations, it would be nice to have the lockers that are now floating out of reach, to at the very least lowered to ground level. [My ultimate wish is, if that is not possible, to return the lockers to their owners so they then can be placed in a new location. I personally have 3 such floating lockers but 2 of those were placed in temporary camp locations and, as such, I consider them as a 'learning experience' when placing lockers in temporary camps.] Also, there is a giant tree growing in the middle of a derrick where the most Supers spawn. [This one took me totally by surprise when I was escaping to higher ground to fight the super that was hot on my heels.

There are other locations around the map that I could list but I think you get the idea. In a conversation with @Silenterror, he said the issue decimating Last Stop would be addressed with the next patch. I have hope that by taking care of that issue, that maybe it could be a one shot fix to set the entire map back to where it was before those boulders were added.

I like the new building that is being proposed and look forward to seeing it in game. And, as the weekend comes to a close I hope all the staff...

Have a Nice Day!!! B|

WOW! That's a lot of text haha.

I'm not exactly sure what is the issue, but could you please create a separate topic about this and add if possible screenshots? This would make it a lot easier!

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Sven

5 hours ago, Svena69 said:

WOW! That's a lot of text haha.

I'm not exactly sure what is the issue, but could you please create a separate topic about this and add if possible screenshots? This would make it a lot easier!

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Sven

The issue is quite simple. Piles of boulders have been dropped all over the map in various locations. If I could post screenshots I would, but then I would be posting roughly 60% of the map. I guess there are more because I have not travelled every inch of the map. I suggest you have a conversation with @Silenterror, he at the very least knows about the problem in Last Stop. And I surmise, all the other locations I pointed out. My other suggestion is that you log on and take a tour of the locations I listed in my other message. You can see for yourself what I am talking about. You can also go back over my previous posts to see when this problem all began.

It's getting closer to Christmas. Have you done all your shopping? Thanks and as always... Have a Nice Day!!! B|

5 hours ago, Sh4d0wX said:

will this game be developed or will it not be further developed?

Yes, the staff team is still actively developing the game. A big patch will be rolling out sometime this week in fact.