Sign in to follow this  
Sven

Patch 2.11 (Hotfix #2)

31 posts in this topic

Dear Players,

We are quickly rolling out another client-sided hotfix to fix some issues. Here's exactly what we've fixed:

Overall Updates:

GENERAL:

• Fixed a crash related to the flashlight particle.
  • Fixed a crash related to players changing their in-game language.
  • Fixed a lot of crashes. (Sorry for not mentioning this in details.)
  • Fixed an issue where players could not start their game with certain programs.
  • Fixed HUD bars. (The sensitivity bars in the settings menu was broken).
  • Fixed the "sneak jump" animation.
  • Fixed a black screen issue in the Battle Royale game mode.
  • Removed some "bushes" from the Spring Valley PvP map.
  • Added a "kill feed confirmation" text in Open World and Battle Royale.
  • Players can no longer aim when sneaking.
  • Global optimizations.
  • Overall UI improvements have been done such as the "loading game data" screen and the global loading screen. Some stuff is reworked and the overall look of the UI looks better now.

Item Updates:

UPDATES / FIXES:

• Fixed the store icon of the "IMI TAR Fusion".

The patch is client-sided only meaning no server restart is needed.

If you experience any problems after this hotfix please let us know by creating a support ticket at https://playnewz.com/support.php

Best Regards,

// The New Z - Staff Team

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, K 0 0 L said:

This makes no sence!

The reason for this is, since we fixed the sound issue. What was happening is that players when sneaking, as soon as they started aiming down, they would make footstep sounds again. It didn't really make any sense either.

46 minutes ago, Svena69 said:

The reason for this is, since we fixed the sound issue. What was happening is that players when sneaking, as soon as they started aiming down, they would make footstep sounds again. It didn't really make any sense either.

Keep aim/sneak -  just don't make footstep sounds while sneaking since you are moving the same speed as normal sneak = problem solved.

It doesn't feel like removing the ability to aim at all while sneaking is the answer.  Just remove the footstep sounds when aim/sneaking.

Plus this adds a tactical approach to fighting.

Edited by drekati
  • Thanks 1

Good hot fix but I do not like the fix for not being able to aim while sneaking. I think what needs to happen is make your steps silent while aiming down the sights. It only makes sense because when you are aiming down sights you are moving at the same speed as sneaking. It is rather annoying sneaking up on someone (Cuz I like stalking people erckCreep ) then aiming down the sights and you start going "THUD THUD THUD". :(

Edited by MrSloth
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, MrSloth said:

Good hot fix but I do not like the fix for not being able to aim while sneaking. I think what needs to happen is make your steps silent while aiming down the sights. It only makes sense because when you are aiming down sights you are moving at the same speed as sneaking. It is rather annoying sneaking up on someone (Cuz I like stalking people erckCreep ) then aiming down the sights and you start going "THUD THUD THUD". :(

52 minutes ago, GSDeadly said:

that's about the dumbest thing you could have done to fix an issue svena just saying man common 

1 hour ago, drekati said:

Keep aim/sneak -  just don't make footstep sounds while sneaking since you are moving the same speed as normal sneak = problem solved.

It doesn't feel like removing the ability to aim at all while sneaking is the answer.  Just remove the footstep sounds when aim/sneaking.

Plus this adds a tactical approach to fighting.

Well. Let's just put it like this: I agree. Guess this got "fixed" like this because of some communication mistakes. Sorry about that. I'll see what we can do to revert it back / fix it! Thanks for your feedback guys!

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Svena69 said:

Well. Let's just put it like this: I agree. Guess this got "fixed" like this because of some communication mistakes. Sorry about that. I'll see what we can do to revert it back / fix it! Thanks for your feedback guys!

People were used to a bug. We fixed the bug now. They will have to get used to it. You should't be able to shoot precisely while walking without footsteps, its really op...

IF we ever add it back(doubt), then we need to slow down even more while aiming.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Fredaikis said:

People were used to a bug. We fixed the bug now. They will have to get used to it. You should't be able to shoot precisely while walking without footsteps, its really op...

IF we ever add it back(doubt), then we need to slow down even more while aiming.

The initial bug was you could simply aim WITHOUT hitting sneak and not make footsteps. 

The proper fix would be to remove the footstep sound if you are hitting both SNEAK and AIM at the same time since you would be moving at sneak speed. 

Why would aiming at sneak speed cause footsteps?

Edited by drekati
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Fredaikis said:

Just some feedback from the player base. I do not find it OP because while aiming down sits you are going the same speed as if you were sneaking and the animation is pretty much the same xD BUT that is just my opinion on that little addition and it seems others agree. But it's your game so you do you

Edited by MrSloth

Players cannot no longer aim while sneaking,This is probably the best change you guys have made  to the game in ages,It was much needed it was abused and OP imo.

Especially when you ghost in,can totally abuse the no sound walk and take out a whole team in 5 story which is obviously good for the one guy,BUT its not only abuse from the ghosting making no sounds at all was just silly...please do not bring it back its a good thing.

7 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Players cannot no longer aim while sneaking,This is probably the best change you guys have made  to the game in ages,It was much needed it was abused and OP imo.

Especially when you ghost in,can totally abuse the no sound walk and take out a whole team in 5 story which is obviously good for the one guy,BUT its not only abuse from the ghosting making no sounds at all was just silly...please do not bring it back its a good thing.

I just do not see it being that OP tbh. Not many people abused it. I actually think it gives the solo player a chance to take out a big team if he is able to sneak up on them. 

9 minutes ago, MrSloth said:

I just do not see it being that OP tbh. Not many people abused it. I actually think it gives the solo player a chance to take out a big team if he is able to sneak up on them. 

Nah,if you come into a big team say in 5 story or something they're not gonna hear you because your footsteps are masked by theirs anyway :D

it actually hinders solo players because teams can sneak up on them from all directions and without sounds you dont standa chance,Sound is very important in this game.

Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Confused 1

Good points from everyone. We will re-evaluate this and see where this can lead towards next patch.

Best Regards,

Sven

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Nah,if you come into a big team say in 5 story or something they're not gonna hear you because your footsteps are masked by theirs anyway :D

it actually hinders solo players because teams can sneak up on them from all directions and without sounds you dont standa chance,Sound is very important in this game.

Very true. IDK I just like being sneaky so I like the silent aim xD 

13 hours ago, Fredaikis said:

This idea is a good thing.

People were used to a bug. We fixed the bug now. They will have to get used to it.

is not a big bug as kangaroo jumping?

Edited by miranda