Jake

Map Pins For Private/Survival Servers

I was just coming home from a trip yesterday and i pondered at google maps and the location pins they use. Then i started thinking it would be cool to have the same thing in-game also, Adding pins in-game to the map could help with groups, clans, or just friends trying to meeting up. How i would imagine the pins to work is, on the map you would have said pins to choose from.. Meet, Regroup, Push, Flank, or pins to mark or indicate a possible danger zone. For example, i see a super and i am in a group and need help.. I would place a help pin, which i would see as a red pin that may strobe or flash. And for the new gamemode Survival coming out, i would like a possible pin system to mark interesting place i stumble upon or specific routes i would like to mark. So, i just though i would share this and see what feedback i got on it.

pn7QewOvTI_HGDySwwvJPA.png 

Edited by Jake
  • Love 2

A marking system would be cool, if you've ever played a Battlefield game, you'd know that 'Q' would tag an enemy/vehicle/capture point. It would be cool if we could tag POI's {points of interest}.

So your idea would be pretty much the REQUEST HELP function, but 'targetable' on the map and only for the clan/group? If that's the case, I think that would be useful in Survival, as we don't plan on adding group/clan tags above players' heads. 

36 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

So your idea would be pretty much the REQUEST HELP function, but 'targetable' on the map and only for the clan/group? If that's the case, I think that would be useful in Survival, as we don't plan on adding group/clan tags above players' heads. 

Yeah, i was also thinking for survival, if there was no map UI. Meaning you would have to find a Common Map or maybe craft a Improvised Map which would not allow you to see your location and look improvised? The Common Map would look like a actual map and not satellite view type of map, which this map would be rather common to find and allow you too see what square region you are located but not your exact location. Then you could find a Advanced Navigation Map sort of item that had a compass and a satellite map with the "pins" available and you could see fellow survivors that would be in your group only on the Advanced Navigation Map, This map would be quite rare and would be buyable at a 25k price.

Edited by Jake

11 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yeah, i was also thinking for survival, if there was no map UI. Meaning you would have to find a Common Map or maybe craft a Improvised Map which would not allow you to see your location and look improvised? The Common Map would look like a actual map and not satellite view type of map, which this map would be rather common to find and allow you too see what square region you are located but not your exact location. Then you could find a Advanced Navigation Map sort of item that had a compass and a satellite map with the "pins" available and you could see fellow survivors that would be in your group only on the Advanced Navigation Map.

That's a very good idea, but for the future of the game mode. 

• Love 1