dimitrirageheart

Why no PVE survival servers?

32 posts in this topic

I'm agree with user "Zombie" opinions.

Now my turn to expose my own opinion.

I'm totally against to opinions who said Survival is PVP only and must be focused to PVP and PVP everywhere..... We have Battle Royale mode? We have Open World mode?...We have those modes or not?... Yes?....Then those who love PVP only know their place, and it's not Survival mode.

In my opinion Survival is about Survival, initially to find food and items to defend from Zombies (Understanding Zombie is the Enemy Nº1). Allow me to add some crazy cheap Philosophy. If the Zombie doomed world was real, you would have as priority killing/avoiding zombies? Or you just would kill the few remaining humans for get a gun and a coke? Or kill the remnaining humans just for the sake of killing a person? I think the logical would be to join forces with other humans to fight against zombies (This is the part when a newbie writes in general chat: Why I was killed by other player If I did nothing to him?)

For me Survival must be more PVE than PVP. You have a lot of war games to choose If want to stay all day long hunting people for the sake of hunting, or Battle Royale, Open World.

Private PVE servers are often more full than the public PVP servers, and it's not a question of loot. It's a question to have a friendly environment with other human players. How curious, in PVE servers when you accidentally meet another player, all goes towards cooperation and friendship. When done in PVP style, this would end in a probably undesirable gunfight.

For me in Survival the enemies are firstly the Zombies. Maybe you need to add more zombies or superzombies, or surprise events that makes you crave for help of other players insted of wanting to kill them. Or add a system in Survival where you can enable PVE/PVP mode in your character, meaning that those who chose a PVE tag cannot kill between them, and those who wear PVP tag, can kill and be killed by anyone.

On 02.12.2017 at 5:42 AM, Zombie said:

@KasparoV "And because there is no real interest. It’s just for farm safely..."

There is a lot of interest (that I've found) in Survival PVE. Just ask the players. Have you noticed - in Open World PVE... chat is pretty much constant. Everyone talks.

In Survival... no one talks. Chat is almost non-existent (other than when you are in a Group).

People don't talk - because it gives clues to where you are.

A lot of people don't Group in Survival... because that immediately exposes your location.

And I've had multiple instances of joining a group... to have the other player exit the group - shortly before they kill you.

At that point.. all the fun is removed from the game. It's no longer enjoyable.

@aggressiveGrey "Because zombies are so ez - lol"... but the z's are not really the problem or the issue.

When I play Open World PVP... I'm there because I want to shoot people. And I expect to die at times. It's that simple. It's the thrill of matching your skills and luck again another living person. And honestly - it's the blood pumping. Sometimes I play PVP in the morning to get ass up and moving before work.

When I play Open World PVE... I'm not farming - though obviously because of amount of loot - that's why a lot of people farm there.

Speaking for myself... I just like running around and exploring. And surviving a bit - but I agree the amount of look available in PVE is a bit ridiculous.

And that actually somewhat explains my attraction to Survival.

I don't play survival to kill people. I play it to survive. Survival isn't always about killing people. In the military (of which I am familiar with)... soldiers are trained to kill people and survive.

And survival is not mostly - not about killing people. Killing people is obviously "surviving"... but it's about killing people.

Surviving on the other hand... is finding food and shelter... and in way - crafting things or items that you can find or collect... to help you survive.

Survival really has little to do with killing - other than (in most cases)... killing someone to survive. Which (in my opinion) implies... some person was trying to take something you had.

And really - the only reason I've killed people - is because they've tried to kill me first. Otherwise... I would just on merry way and kill Z's.

But again - Z's... are not the "added aspect of the game" that I enjoy.

Instead - It's just the difficulty of the game. If a PVE version of Survival was made... I could stand for there being less weapons.

The ability to craft items is wonderful. I think food is rarely enough.

I didn't make this game... but as a developer with 43 years of experience... I really do understand some of the difficulties of creating a PVE version of Survival.

Obviously though... creating this game is no easy feat.

With that said -  every element from player to zombie to trees and buildings is a unique object defined within the game.

It should be simple enough (like you already did in Open World PVE) to simply not be killed by another players actions.

believe that survival without killing players is tedious.It is survival in NewZ.There are few zombies, lots of loot, a lot of food and medicines, and it's very easy to survive here and it's sad.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:59 AM, Akhenaton said:

Or add a system in Survival where you can enable PVE/PVP mode in your character, meaning that those who chose a PVE tag cannot kill between them, and those who wear PVP tag, can kill and be killed by anyone.

I like this idea to a point. I'm just trying to understand what you are saying here. If I am wrong in my interpretation, I'm sorry. Those who choose either a PVE or a PVP tag, would not be able to switch them. They would be a permanent tag. I have seen this switch occur on private servers where the owner suddenly switched the mode from PVE to PVP just to kill other players and then switch it back to PVE to lure more unsuspecting players into their web. Once a private server is set to either PVP or PVE, it should remain that which it was set up to be.

As for the PVP tag being able to kill and be killed by anyone, this should be that those wearing a PVP tag can only kill and be killed by another player with the PVP tag. PVE players would not be able to kill anyone except zombies.

Just my 2¢. Have a Nice Day!!! B|

Edited by CampersRUs
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CampersRUs said:

I like this idea to a point. I'm just trying to understand what you are saying here. If I am wrong in my interpretation, I'm sorry. Those who choose either a PVE or a PVP tag, would not be able to switch them. They would be a permanent tag. I have seen this switch occur on private servers where the owner suddenly switched the mode from PVE to PVP just to kill other players and then switch it back to PVE to lure more unsuspecting players into their web. Once a private server is set to either PVP or PVE, it should remain that which it was set up to be.

As for the PVP tag being able to kill and be killed by anyone, this should be that those wearing a PVP tag can only kill and be killed by another player with the PVP tag. PVE players would not be able to kill anyone except zombies.

Just my 2¢. Have a Nice Day!!! B|

Thank you for your interest in the idea of the PVE/PVP tag for characters :D

About being able to switch the tag, I think could be no problem to switch PVE/PVP tag for All characters in your Survival row, with a reset timer. For example, If want to change your character from PVE to PVP tag, you must go out the server, switch and wait for example 30 minutes, in wich time cannot join any server for avoid being in a server in PVE mode and suddenly change to PVP while playing, that would be not fair.

Yes, there can be 2 ways to understand the PVE/PVP character modes, one way is the one you explained;

CamperRUs:

PVP can kill and be killed only by PVP players and zombies,

PVE only can be killed by zombies only.

Akhenaton initial idea:

PVP can kill anyone and be killed by any player and zombies.

PVE can be killed by PVP tagged players and zombies. Not by other PVE players.

The 1st way as explained by fellow player CamperRUs, I think is also valid, but I think can be exploited, as a team of PVE + PVP duo (2 players, one PVE + one PVP) can use the PVE player as shield for allow mate PVP kill other players. Except If the bullets cross the PVE player in exchange of being stopped by it, then this problem will be solved :D

Thank you for your idea CamperRUs! :D

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Akhenaton said:

I think is also valid, but I think can be exploited, as a team of PVE + PVP duo (2 players, one PVE + one PVP) can use the PVE player as shield for allow mate PVP kill other players

I just re-read your post and this is what I missed.

If done correctly, this would not be allowed. You cannot mix PVE and PVP players to reside in the same game. Everybody has to be one or the other. As you said, they would exploit this.

Edited by CampersRUs

On 16/8/2018 at 6:23 AM, CampersRUs said:

I just re-read your post and this is what I missed.

If done correctly, this would not be allowed. You cannot mix PVE and PVP players to reside in the same game. Everybody has to be one or the other. As you said, they would exploit this.

I understand what you mean, considering the PVE and PVP meaning.

Tag system can be a kind of "declaration intentions" in wich players can choose the mode and probably find less hostile encounters.

Sure Developers could find solutions in case something like this would be interesting to apply :D

I don't understand why people who don't like pvp would play a game like this. It's not as if New Z doesn't have a rep that you can't research and see what the game was like back when it was 'War z' Or Infestation... Pvp is a part of the game. I'm not saying it needs to be non stop pvp I wouldn't want it to be, but having the risk of pvp happening is a vital part of the overall game. I never understood the point of the PVE servers...Seems like they shouldn't even be a thing.

I don't kill every single person I come across...but if they don't talk or act sneaky or like they want to kill me then I engage. It's fun. Even when I get sniped over a backpack or some small item...and loose what it took hours to get, it's still fun. It's why I play the game. It's why I think anyone plays the game. Without the risk of losing it all I would find this game mind numbing boring.