dimitrirageheart

Why no PVE survival servers?

32 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, dimitrirageheart said:

AS stated in the title. Why are there no PVE survival servers? Some of us don't really like pvp in any kind of game and we do like survival games.

Thanks.

Survival is not made for PvE. That will remove the whole aspect of the gameplay itself. If you wanna just loot and all that. Play normal game mode

on the other side of the groups of 3 or 4 that kill everything that moves, congratulates the survival. In addition well-armed people face players without anything ... mdr

3 hours ago, Zack_Batcountry said:

If some one bought a sever can they get a survival server? And if so can try set tat as an option?

As you can only buy server on the Open World mode, no you can't.

For survival to work unlimited weapons has to end, only melae  weapons should be plentiful, otherwise this mode is just a more difficult version of Open World just my opinion 

Don't know what you guys are talking about.

Just started playing the game, literally haven't played a game like this before, and survival is fun as hell.

Btw not gonna lie I thought PvE meant player vs everything (which included other players?)

• Thanks 1

Not sure what you guys are not understanding about the survival mode......its called survival because you have to "SURVIVE". That means looting the world for gear, food and so on. Just hit low pop servers to loot. 

Remember...this is not call of duty, moving slow and staying away from other players will help the less experienced players till you get some gear. If they were to add survival servers then it would be just a regular pvp world.

Ice 9

• Thanks 1

Our plan generally is to get the game-mode done first before we start considering enable private -> pve servers.

Best Regards,

Sven

--- clip ---
dimitrirageheart said:
AS stated in the title. Why are there no PVE survival servers? Some of us don't really like pvp in any kind of game and we do like survival games.

--- clip ---
kazmightONFIRE said:
Survival is not made for PvE. That will remove the whole aspect of the gameplay itself. If you wanna just loot and all that. Play normal game mode

-------------------------
I say:

IMO... Adding PVE to to Survival
- doesn't remove the whole "aspect of the gameplay".

It it did... then adding PVE to Open World
- also removed the "whole aspect of the gameplay".

I don't understand why there cannot be Survival PVE.

A lot of people simple do not like PVP. They just want to kill z's and collect loot.

A lot of players simply are not good enough at the game to play PVP.

Personally.... when I first found this game... I played PVP and died a lot.

And I almost uninstalled the game.

Then I found the PVE server.

Now... I can play PVP or Survival and do pretty well. But it took a lot of time and practice.

I also rent an Open World PVE Private Server.

Survival PVE would be player vs zombies and players have less food /  weapons resources.

Survival PVE would basically be a much harder version Open World PVE.

As a Developer... I don't understand why that cannot be done.

Personally... I enjoy the Survival Mode. Open World PVE is to easy... now that I've mastered it.

Oftentimes... PVP is just too stressful. And I've a got of stress in my life. I don't need more stress.

Often times... I play PVE just to relieve stress.

It's like gambling in Las Vegas. Playing blackjack can be stressfull.

When my wife goes to Las Vegas... she just wants to sit at a slot machine and pull the arm.

It kind of relaxing for her. She's not there for the stress of losing machine. She just wants to have a little fun with little to no stress.

And that's basically what PVE is. PVP is more like black jack... where you can lose a ton of money.

And PVP is stressful. PVE is less so.

I agree with making a Survival PVE version / server.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

I think the same as zombie, now if the problem is the vault, then you can implement a separate vault on the server types, PvE (including PvP) and PvE (not including PvP), then you can add the option to buy "premium permission "" to transfer objects from one inventory to another.

How? Using the inventory of the character as mediator of both inventories.

PVE being added to survival will kill the gamemode,  it has a DayZ, Miscreated like feel to it now where you need to work for your loot to survive the world.   I do think ammo and gun spawns are still to high while food and drinks are to low,  id rather flip that.  

The survivor element of do you engage or may team up with other lone survivors is something needing work,  I think like miscreated they maybe need to add a friendly interaction to show you are not hostile for newer players to maybe help each other along.

you can also get bandits and marshal groups that either terrorise post apocalyptic colorado or uphold the law protecting the innocent,  that would be fun,  I mean it works in DayZ and Miscreated.

My suggestion on how survival should be is

- no loot GI,  the only way to stash is to build loot locker which you hide on the map and hope nobody finds it.

- weapons and ammo is extremely hard to find.

- food and supplies are rare but less so than weapons.

- storage is determine by clothes and backpacks used,  this would involve adding clothing to survival maps, each with different storage properties and environmental protection

- rivers can be a source of food and water 

- campfires for heat and to cook food

-removal of the rep system,  rather have alignment,  killing civilians or good players makes you bad and visa versa the rep whores are back turning survival into PVP which is already a cancer.

Edited by jewdiciousorange

Just some more ideas:

I have used a plethora of survival/RPG games such as Skyrim, Unturned, Miscreated, DayZ, Survival: New Day, The Forest trying to take the best ideas in them that are feasible and possible to incorporate in NewZ with a NewZ flavour to them.

1) New survival skill tree for survivalist,  this would include;

• Ability to make a campfire
  • Food crafting ie: meat, potato's, lettuce you can craft into a meaty stew which replenishes maximum food and water.  There are a few possible recipes to come up with but this idea was taken from Skyrim and Unturned where you craft recipes with different properties.
  • Canteens for reusing water,  there should be a possibility to purify water for more thirst rejuvination, this is done over a camp fire.
  • Clothing and armor crafting (this one may be the hardest to incorporate)

Clothing and armor:  this goes more with the view of adding wet and damp features to the game but also to making carrying slots also dependent upon clothing which is mostly picked up but the user should be able to craft crude clothing to boost storage slots.  Clothing not only acts as storage but protection from damage as well as from wet and damp, cold and illness.

2) No stashing GI,  the feature detracts from survival,  the ability to build a GI means that players with advanced GI's are no longer afraid of losing items and the game just becomes the vanilla open world buy your way affair.   A player can use, consume or trade items on him in the open world with other players to advance his/her progress, this will make survival more like a real life apocalypse with people helping each other and not just a shoot on sight PVP affair that the game has the moniker of at the moment.   

This can further change the game to a more conducive true action survival,  while players may choose to fight it out or make gangs of bandits,  the real benefits should be minimal, loot is minimal and there is no rep system to incentivize turning a pure game mode into another PVP game just with more weapon damage. 

3) a new currency,  fallout uses bottle caps so that is not possible but a real apocalyptic currency like antibiotics could create a fun in game currency,  given the rarity it holds value and allows the budding survivalists the chance to acquire items to suit how they want to play the game, whether it is the bear grylls style or thug/lawman style.

On 9/10/2017 at 1:25 PM, Svena69 said:

Our plan generally is to get the game-mode done first before we start considering enable private -> pve servers.

Best Regards,

Sven

It's a good idea, there are people who just want to loot quietly without being disturbed, or bothering anyone, for the same reason it's a game and that should de-stress instead of stressing you more ...

Also, there are times when the servers are relatively empty and then, people take advantage of that to play alone at that time of day, but it only lasts a few hours.

If the problem is that the objects can be transferred from one server to another, then, make it impossible to transfer objects and both servers are independent, something like:

"Survivar No PvP"

Edited by Tonblader

And because there is no real interest. It’s just for farm safely... if you want PvE game guys you can play another game but not NewZ. PvE servers or private for farm don’t make sense. Is bad idea. I think you should decrease the Number of servers because actually it’s too easy for farming or for back in safe zone. Too much hopping.

I like the idea but think about how much loot everyone would have  if pve servers were a thing. Everyone would have tons of weapons. 

People have enough anyway 

@KasparoV "And because there is no real interest. It’s just for farm safely..."

There is a lot of interest (that I've found) in Survival PVE. Just ask the players. Have you noticed - in Open World PVE... chat is pretty much constant. Everyone talks.

In Survival... no one talks. Chat is almost non-existent (other than when you are in a Group).

People don't talk - because it gives clues to where you are.

A lot of people don't Group in Survival... because that immediately exposes your location.

And I've had multiple instances of joining a group... to have the other player exit the group - shortly before they kill you.

At that point.. all the fun is removed from the game. It's no longer enjoyable.

@aggressiveGrey "Because zombies are so ez - lol"... but the z's are not really the problem or the issue.

When I play Open World PVP... I'm there because I want to shoot people. And I expect to die at times. It's that simple. It's the thrill of matching your skills and luck again another living person. And honestly - it's the blood pumping. Sometimes I play PVP in the morning to get ass up and moving before work.

When I play Open World PVE... I'm not farming - though obviously because of amount of loot - that's why a lot of people farm there.

Speaking for myself... I just like running around and exploring. And surviving a bit - but I agree the amount of look available in PVE is a bit ridiculous.

And that actually somewhat explains my attraction to Survival.

I don't play survival to kill people. I play it to survive. Survival isn't always about killing people. In the military (of which I am familiar with)... soldiers are trained to kill people and survive.

And survival is not mostly - not about killing people. Killing people is obviously "surviving"... but it's about killing people.

Surviving on the other hand... is finding food and shelter... and in way - crafting things or items that you can find or collect... to help you survive.

Survival really has little to do with killing - other than (in most cases)... killing someone to survive. Which (in my opinion) implies... some person was trying to take something you had.

And really - the only reason I've killed people - is because they've tried to kill me first. Otherwise... I would just on merry way and kill Z's.

But again - Z's... are not the "added aspect of the game" that I enjoy.

Instead - It's just the difficulty of the game. If a PVE version of Survival was made... I could stand for there being less weapons.

The ability to craft items is wonderful. I think food is rarely enough.

I didn't make this game... but as a developer with 43 years of experience... I really do understand some of the difficulties of creating a PVE version of Survival.

Obviously though... creating this game is no easy feat.

With that said -  every element from player to zombie to trees and buildings is a unique object defined within the game.

It should be simple enough (like you already did in Open World PVE) to simply not be killed by another players actions.