Sven

Survival - The Crafting System (update)

17 posts in this topic

Dear Players,

I am very excited to share this developer blog with you all regarding the current progress for the survival crafting system. It's important for us to keep you all up to date regarding the progress of the development of the game. We want to involve our community as much as possible in as much of the choices we have to make to make sure the right choices get made and giving our community the game they want. Now let's jump into this developer update.

As you probably already read in the title this developer blog is about the current progress for the survival crafting system. The crafting system is a huge new feature for survival our community has been waiting for. It's time to update you all regarding the progress of this new feature. The crafting system was a feature that was suppose to be released together with the survival mode but that didn't happen due the fact that we wanted to release survival earlier. Ever since then we have been working on this new crafting system and right now we are about to release the first version of this feature. Here's a list that explains shortly what's going to be available when the crafting system gets released:

• Crafting items will for now only be find-able. Components will be added to the loot tables. As tools are still disabled (so you can't use an axe to cut wood yet) the items will only be find-able.
  • Full crafting menu is finished and will be released including a list of all craft-able items, a crafting queue (that can be cancelled for example) and more!
  • Armors, melees, food, medical items, barricades etc is all released and available to be crafted.

Here's some pictures of the crafting menu:

NkJe1gF.pngHM4c2RI.png

(Please note: the pictures are from development and show "no icon". This of course will be not like that on official release.)

Keep in mind that with this upcoming update we aim to have the basis for the crafting system released. The crafting system is a huge feature and we don't think it's smart and possible to release everything at once. We also want to give our community the chance to help us improve the crafting system by testing and giving feedback. If we would release the whole system at once there wouldn't be room for that. We aim to have the "basis" released where we would, with shorter frequent patches, keep improving and adding new stuff around the crafting system. Please read the "work in progress part" below where we explain more about that.

What feedback we are looking for: (When posting feedback let us know why something is not right, and how you think it should be changed in realistic sense.)

• How are the loot tables combined with the components? Are components too common or not? Do we need to add more loot spawns for components?
  • Any bugs related to the new crafting menu. Let us know if you experience any problems or if you have points to improve this menu.
  • Any feedback related to the crafting menu about "what items / how much you need to craft a certain item". If something doesn't make sense let us know!

The following things are still work in progress but we expect to be finished with this soon:

• Firearms and ammo will not be craft-able yet. There's two reasons why this is not going to be released yet:
    1) Adding this to the release will make the first release of the crafting system to big and too much for players.
    2) Firearms need to be balanced when released for crafting. This can not be rushed.
    In the future we will patch the firearms and ammo in separately as we get the rest of the crafting system done first. For players wondering about details regarding this: not all firearms will be craft-able (just a few) and we will work with things like "gun body's" etc.
  • Shredding items is still in progress. For players wondering what shredding means: by shredding an item for example 1 backpack you could get 5 cloth. (with that cloth you could make bandages etc. for example.) This system is still work in progress but we expect to have it released very soon as well.
  • Tools are still work in progress. With tools we mean the following: being able to use an axe and hit a tree and get wood for example. This is also a relatively simple system to add, which we will later on.
  • More newer content items. Now that the basis is done for the crafting system we made up some space so we can start adding newer items. Expect new items for crafting and just for the survival game-mode only soon.

The crafting system as mentioned above is currently being tested by us. We aim to have this system released and available in survival in the next upcoming game update. This is most likely this week. (hopefully)

Best Regards,

// Infestation: The New Z - Staff Team

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ice 9 said:

hello Svena,,,what are the chances i can get some early access to test it out on stream...

There won't be early access for now - we will probably patch tomorrow and release it for everyone at once.

I mean in ISS no one really cared about it u should add some extras or make  hell toss some dyes in the came make some craftable only skins that would be worth it  ........  maybe new masks u can only craft  its just so many guns in game that melee well is pointless

i know survival is really for new players and the stuff you are adding is cool but maybe you should bring something into it that will make the original players really want to play it aswell as i have played from the first week of EMU days and i dont want to try and build my gi again for no actual gain in any way in survival its a bit like me making a new account, so maybe you could ad something that will make players want to join from open world, like special rewards if they kill so many players in survival get like free skin or certain amount of gd or something and that will bring the older players to it aswell, just my 2 cent from a old player.

I hate it! it has the smell of  ArtemisKnives all over it.  It's something that he started then flowed over to Aftermath and now this. It's like picking up trash! And wow, do you really think that this stuff is laying around if and when (Mauhahaha) a zombie apocalypse happens. I feel that if you want to change this game into building forts and crafting band-aides then make that type of game playing different from the original 'War Z aka I.S.S. aka the New Z'  gameplay. If I wanted to craft  then I won't be doing it here, as of now I see this coming to the end of another Arma2, DayZ, H1Z1, Just Survive type of game that I for 1 will not be playing. But hey, I started with The WarZ when it first came out, had legendary accounts (more than 1) over 5 years ago, left the game then came back, left it again due to all the hackers and through trials and errors, left again and really thought fredikis (the daddy of all hackers), because of his knowledge and now turned around hack-free sorta speaking, because of him now owning the game really had a good thing coming, but I guess all good things come to an end sooner or later. So for me, it's right about now. Im just glad my clan that I run didn't renew our premium accounts or servers. Time to find a new game..... 

Components taking up loot tables of good loot is bad.   Make the components at separate spawns or locations.   Med centers use to have meds in them, now half of the loot spawns are component.   This is bad, especially for those who don't like the tediousness of crafting.

14 hours ago, drekati said:

Components taking up loot tables of good loot is bad.   Make the components at separate spawns or locations.   Med centers use to have meds in them, now half of the loot spawns are component.   This is bad, especially for those who don't like the tediousness of crafting.

I totally agree, If you are going to craft, there should be places of different spawning points other than the guns/ ammo/ meds spawn points, otherwise my large backpack is now full of trash. I mean whats next, are the guns going to start breaking down? Do we need to go to a special bench to repair or what?  It worked oh so well in Aftermath, NOT!! Why not just hire Artemis and then that way when this game ends up a total failure, then you can blame him, geez. Please I am begging you stop inventing (or should I say copying gameplay ideas ie:Aftermath or I.S.S. before Fredikis took over) And leave it alone.....

Oh 1 more thing what's up with the incredible amount of hacking going on? I have noticed more and more hackers and less bans.....Why? 

Those of you that have bad things to say about the new survival mode then stay on open world. I don't think survival mode is for just new players, I think it great what the developer's are doing with this mode, it bring a challenge to the game, I left over a year ago cause I got bored with loging and dumping gear in my GI, killing a player that just spent 30 mins running around getting all geared up and taking his loot is what makes it fun. I wana creep around and try and get geared up while actually being worried about losing what I found. yes open world is great if you wana flat out pvp, I just don't find the fun in filling up my backpack in one city block. I hope they keep survival difficult and the good loots rare. That feeling of finding something like a Fn Red Scar knowing it might be a week before you see another and trying to get back to base without getting killed that gets me excited. If they ad personal lockers they  will have more of a purpose. The Survival mode is what brings me and my friends back to game. Keep up the good work Dev's

On 9/24/2017 at 10:40 AM, Bluefox1978 said:

I hope they keep survival difficult and the good loots rare. That feeling of finding something like a Fn Red Scar knowing it might be a week before you see another and trying to get back to base without getting killed that gets me excited.

This IS the main reason I play on survival, I like the fact that the loot is few and far between and that there is hardly any snipers.... Don't get me wrong, I love snipers, I had almost 1000 on I.S.S. accounts (more than one account, AND 3 legendary accounts to boot!) But so did everybody else and then come the hackers like ATTK clan. It was getting ridiculous. As far as the new or revamped system with crafting......Well I'm starting to get used to the routine again.... I'm still not fully happy with it but I am getting used to that again.