jewdiciousorange

Shield - The item god mode

Hello to the community,

I was asked to post this on the forum for community interaction.

I joined the NewZ community after many years of competitive gaming in Battlefield and by and large it has been a good experience.  I have spent around $100 on this game so very much feel like I am entitled to raise issues.

I would like to raise a few issues herewith below:

1 - Macro OP

2 - AR's effectiveness

3 - DMR's

4 - Stacking magazines/Drums/Boxes

5 - A new approach to trading

1: Macro's are bad 

I have seen predominant gamers youtube montages of definitive Macro usage,  further I have been frustrated by being the victim of the god mod macro.  Having spoken to enough veteran players in this game the consensus is that this needs urgent address.  It is frustrating emptying a magazine only to have a player heal, shield heal and switch to gun in a micro second to kill you due to exploiting what in a title like Battlefield is a permaban offense.

I propose macros be made known to the community as a bannable offense and that harsh sanctions are imposed for what is exploiting.

I also propose that shield get added to item cooldown ie: 10 second cooldown for shield placing and reduce the OP nature of shielding and more so the shield + heal + switch macro.

I further suggest making shields heavy to limit the number used instead of maps spammed with shields everywhere.  In my honest opinion the game would do better having no shields at all,  it makes gungho punishable and strategic play rewarded. If you run in an open field in Battlefield you will get shot and fully deserve it, the same malcontent should be rewarded for roger rabbits in the open.

2: Assault Rifles are disproportionately ineffective

I know that NewZ doesn't employ a Battlefield type damage modifier ie: Headshot 3x damage or insta kill, upperbody 1.5x damage modifiers and that hurts assault rifles badly.   I have a few issues with the spread settings outside 50 m an assault rifle is useless,  the number of hits possible in cluster at 100m and beyond goes to hell which is completely false,  I have seen assault rifles namely an R5 hit a target with deadly precision at 300m on burst,  the M4A1 carbine has a military rated effective range of 400m and muzzle velocity of 900m/s put into context a Barrett M107 50 calibre sniper rifle has a 853m/s muzzle velocity which makes the carbine fire a bullet straighter and faster than a bolt action rifle.

I think the AR's need some serious refining and maybe some added research or simply just copy Battlefield 4's AR charactaristics from symthic.com

AR/Carbines/PDW's can be charactarised into specific groups:

high rate of fire: FAMAS, AS VAL, P90

multipurpose: L85,  M4A1, AUG

long range: AN94, M16A4, SCAR L

One should not need to play with a sniper to kill a player at 200m +,  I have higher ping (180ms) and sniping is never something I ever got into and unless I am in a players face the AR is utterly useless.

3: DMR's,  what are they good for? absolutely nothing

a DMR is the scourge of battlefield and the laughing stock of NewZ,  completely baseless with no reason to even look at,  made worse by lower damage stats now.  I don't mind the damage but the DMR should be able to go Ironsight and 3rd Person with to change its dynamic from a pathetic sniper to a ranged precision shot semi auto that can two shot a player over 300m with deadly effect.  Until then why is it still in the game?

4: Stacking for the OSD

I still have mags, drums, boxes that stack new stacks and it kills my OSD,  please please can we fix this small yet thorn in the side bug.

5: Trading by GI

I trade a lot, thats no lie and the 36 at a time thing is tedious not to mention random DC's on ammo stacks that makes it even more a bane on  ones life.   How about the trading system changes from GI to GI,  you can put everything into trade and just bulk it like that instead of filling a bag trading 36x36x10 and taking 17hrs to do a trade.   GI to GI, if he wants 1000 kstyles from my GI i can just put them all in and done,  no stress, no time more gaming.

Anyways this is just my few opinions, hopefully some make strong points as I really do want this game to succeed.

• Love 1

No hay vuelta atras, este es el camino.O lo asimilas o estas jodido.

El 98% de las veces moriras por algun macrero.

El lado positivo es que almenos no ves cosas tan raras de gosth mode, noclip etc etc como el viejo ISS.

Ojala algun dia eviten las macros y den BAN a los que las usan.

Es triste ver como un jugador sin armadura ni casco y va de espalda y empiezas a dispararle y no lo matas en cambio se da la vuelta se cura se pone barricada y te da 4 balas en cabeza y te borra.

O a 100 o 120m te deletean.

• Love 1

I personally agree on everything you say.
I will try to bring up these points on our next staff meeting. There was two things i was thinking, one idea is to make the cooldown global:

Aka if you place a shield, all your slots will go on cooldown for the duration.

Another idea to fix this, is to have all meds heal overtime, so for example: imagine if a med, has 3 seconds cooldown, instead of healing for example 30% of hp instantly, it will heal 30% overtime, so basically we make it like it takes 1 - 2 seconds and it heals like "smoothly". This still would make shielding OP, but we could make so when you place shields, their health starts at 1% and it needs like 0.5s to get to 100%. 

As for the statistics, thats a no-brainer, that just a matter of next patch speending some hours adjusting stuff. Every weapon should be equally op to the other weapons that are in the same "rarity" group. Maybe op in different ways, but yeah.

The biggest problem with all this, is keeping players happy, I can already tell you that most of the staff team will say no to all this, just because they are scared of how the playerbase reacts. I would take the risk, but its not entirely up to me.

What do you guys think?

• Love 3

17 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I agree with everything too,Something needs to be done about shields,period.

Snipers and shields ruin this game.

Thats another reason why we added survival. You should play it ..

9 minutes ago, Fredaikis said:

Not got time unfortunately,when i got time to play i dont want to waste 80% of the time looting and running back  and fourth to the sz.

it would be nice if there was a limitation to how many shields you can take in normal mode,as it is right now you shoot at someone,he spams 3 shields..like really?

Or shields can be taken down easier,like 3-4 bullets...but this wouldn't solve the spamming situation.

Edited by Saul Goodman

3 hours ago, Fredaikis said:

Not everyone have time to start from the begenning. 

I got some ideas for a new game mode to the game.

I told it to Kazmight.

16 hours ago, Fredaikis said:

I personally agree on everything you say.
I will try to bring up these points on our next staff meeting. There was two things i was thinking, one idea is to make the cooldown global:

Aka if you place a shield, all your slots will go on cooldown for the duration.

Another idea to fix this, is to have all meds heal overtime, so for example: imagine if a med, has 3 seconds cooldown, instead of healing for example 30% of hp instantly, it will heal 30% overtime, so basically we make it like it takes 1 - 2 seconds and it heals like "smoothly". This still would make shielding OP, but we could make so when you place shields, their health starts at 1% and it needs like 0.5s to get to 100%. 

As for the statistics, thats a no-brainer, that just a matter of next patch speending some hours adjusting stuff. Every weapon should be equally op to the other weapons that are in the same "rarity" group. Maybe op in different ways, but yeah.

The biggest problem with all this, is keeping players happy, I can already tell you that most of the staff team will say no to all this, just because they are scared of how the playerbase reacts. I would take the risk, but its not entirely up to me.

What do you guys think?

Fredaikis touching the mechanics of the game 'pvp mechanics aka DX/Shield' is a really bad idea. Remember the old change with sprint and sensitvity? 

A limit of like 5shield on PvP would be great I think.

• Love 1

I agree with everything you say as another old Battlefield player I share the same frustrations, it would be great if they made the shields weight 30 kilos and reduced their effectiveness against damage this would really reduce the amount carried without having to change any other mechanics.

Whats wrong with shields? You don't know how to use them? Can't afford them? Don't know how to push using shields? Shame

Some times they don't always go down when you want them, but thats everyone. 

• Love 1

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:08 PM, FlowZ said:

Fredaikis touching the mechanics of the game 'pvp mechanics aka DX/Shield' is a really bad idea. Remember the old change with sprint and sensitvity? 

A limit of like 5shield on PvP would be great I think.

Thats why I love you and your muslim cat.

They should put a real anti macro system or ban the people who use macro (even when the mods are using it.)

Edited by K120.QP

2 hours ago, K120.QP said:

Thats why I love you and your muslim cat.

They should put a real anti macro system or ban the people who use macro (even when the mods are using it.)

my cat is muslim btw erckDab 

• Love 1

Great ideas and macros should be bannable because even if guy is a Warlord and he uses such a thing as advantage he is still noob and others with lower rep ranks are still beter because they ate true skilled and they dknt need 3rd party software.

• Love 2

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, Saul Goodman said:

I've had it happen that a player, just to be annoying in a PvE server, rapid fire shields around me. This aspect is ridiculous at best and should be changed. The only reason to use a shield in PvE is to be able to climb up to a higher locataion. Another annoying item I'd like to add is random group invites. If I post a statement that I do not respond to random invites, I get bombarded with them. There should also be a cooldown period for these as well. (btw... I thought I read somewhere that the mute function was supposed to mute these invites the same way it mutes voice chat.) I would like to see the mute feature encompass text messages as well for the duration I am in a game.

I agree with jewdiciousorange, but i think he forgot about the op sniper hopping... how is it we can jump 10 times in a row and still get a head shot while jumping?

sniper hopping is ruining this game...i have been watching the player base die slowly.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:43 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Snipers and shields ruin this game.

Well snipers are very very important on any shooter game.... I dont think you can remove it..  All you have to do is hide and crouch or sneak... As for the riot shield... That makes the infestation unique tho they have shield to defend themselves..... This game have very very high potential removing something will kinda ruin the uniqueness of the game.. Need to be observe just to make people remain... :)

I definitely agree with either increasing the damage of the DMRs to be on par with the Mausers and Blaser (since they all fire the same round) , or giving them full auto. As they are right now, they are completely useless except for burning through someones meds right before they kill you with an AA-12.

Edited by TheRenegadeMarine