Hey there fellow lovers of Infestation, hello Devs,
In this post i'll be listing some of my personal suggestions for the Survival gamemode. After the closing of the ISS servers i've put about 5000h into Arma 3, so for any fellow Arma players some of these suggestions may seem familiar.
First off i have some suggestions for movement in TNZ:
- Stairs. Namely the stairs on the outside of the "PvP Houses". Please fix them, you have to jump and crouch your way up and it is just generally unpleasant and gives the player a bad experience.
- Sidewalks. This is happening in any City with sidewalks, the Character is unable to step onto the sidewalk as you'd expect. Walking against the sidewalk makes you stop completely and is just really annoying and breaks fluent movement.
- Leaning around corners. As i said i have alot of experience in Arma, and a thing i would love to see in TNZ is leaning. Leaning around corners adds alot to the PvP experience of any game, generally being able to lean-peak a corner is a great thing in third person but mainly in first person because you can shoot at targets while exposing the least amount of your body.
- Turning. Turning sideways in this game really just doesn't feel fluent. Turning your character to the side makes him turn slightly but then the animation is apruptly changed essentially jumping to the other side immediately which just doesn't feel smooth at all.
Now onto some general things:
- A thing which really annoyed me in the old ISS and still annoys me to this day is the fact that vests don't actualy give ou any inventory space. A small backpack gives you like 4-5 slots but a vest or a plate carrier with 10-20 pockets and pouches doesn't give you a single slot? I's just unrealistic and always annoys me when i find a vest, knowing that it won't give me those precious slots.
- Freelook. Again, Arma related, something this game really needs with the large amount of time spent running around is the ability to look around while still moving in the same direction. ames like Arma / PUBG allow you to "freelook" by pressing the alt key, een while on the move.
And finally, graphics, a big drawback of this game is it's outdated looks. It's 2018 and most people have at least an average gaming PC. Updating the graphics in this game would be alot of work for the DEVs but it would greatly improve the game to the point where it would most likely get alot more popular again.
Thank you for reading this post of me rambling about features, i would really love to see these suggestions implemented into the game! Leave your thoughts below, whether you'd also like to see these changes or you even have some improvements of yourself.