This used to be a very popular game, but playerbase has dropped more than 90%.
I was here when survival and battle royale was just added, but I have stopped 6 months ago due to development is painfully slow.
When I first played the game I saw the potential it has, but it seems like it's on the wrong hands. I'd love to be proven wrong in this part.
Anyway, here are my suggestions to make this game less "painful" to play(I have suggested some of this before, and Im gonna suggest them again):
- It's really nice to peak around corners. Since it makes us less expose and adds a realism to the game.
2. Different Stances And Modes
- We already have prone, crouch, and walking/running. But It feels like it lacks something. Maybe take ideas from pubg. They have different stances and different modes for each stance. Like, when running, when you press shift, it makes you sprint, when you press ctrl, it makes you walk. But when on crouch, shift makes you faster, ctrl makes you slower. Same on prone. I think NewZ could improve in terms of movement with these features
3. Free look
- The character feels like it has stiff neck. It would be nice if we could move that neck joint and look around while running. Makes it easier to scan the area while autorunning and it adds to realism
4. Make "survival" feel more like a real survival mode
- The only difference I see between the open world and survival is that survival has no market and rarer loot. It's still pvp based. It would be nice if killing a player would be less rewarding. And have stronger zombies. This means it would be better if players just form a team instead of pvp.
Maybe have a sort of "karma" system. More player kills = higher aggro radius on zombies(due to them smelling the blood from the players you've killed).
5. Dynamic Prone (idk what's the word for it, but I guess that'll do)
- It's really painful to see a character prone while in a cliff side. One side is submerged to the ground and the other is floating. It would be nice if it would adapt to the surface. I found this trashy game but has this feature; it's called Rules of Survival. Maybe you can take ideas from the prone and implement it into this game.
- It would be nice if attachments that are attached to guns wouldn't take space on backpack. It makes more sense this way. When guns are unequipped, they should still keep their attachments and it should be listed on their info box to easily see what attachments are on them, and prevent losing some due to improper inv management. When dropped, it should unequip the attachments and send them back to inventory; if there's not enough space, drop them.
7. Prone to Crouch
- For some reason you can't switch to crouch while on prone
8. Inventory Management
- It would be nice if transferring items between inventories is a lot easier. I assume it sends data everytime you transfer a single item from client to server, causing the delay. So maybe it would make it faster if it would send only once. It would transfer the data when you're done transferring items.
9. FPS only servers
- Decreases campers, and have a more fair gunfights.
10. Nerf Jumping/BHops
- Too op. Everyone abuses it. Does bhopping on apocalypse sound realistic? bhops used to be good before. But now if you would look at the new games you would rarely see bhops implemented, mainly because its not realistic. Ofcourse you can just strafe and move instead of bunny hops, which seems more realistic. Maybe have cooldowns between jumps.
11. Loot Box
- Whenever someone dies, their loot just drops in one place. It's a pain in the ass sorting through all these. And it should also increase FPS
12. Different Shotgun Shells
- It would be nice to add the different shotgun shells so shotguns could be a little more useful. Birdshots, Buckshots and Slugs.