I have only been playing this game for 2 months and I love it. It is the best online survival game out there. I see that Open World mode is way more popular though. I personally have no interest in Open World because its 1. to easy and 2. the pvp in it is all sniper based, which makes any AR's irrelevant.
Anyways I am a diehard supporter for survival mode. I want to share some aspects on how I feel survival mode can be made better and more prominent. Now I know this game is free to play and the company makes their money off open world. Skins in survival just may not be enough. I like that survival does not have an option to buy anything because then it just makes it easy and defeats the purpose and with the way survival is if you could buy stuff it would turn into a pay to win. I have a few ideas on how the company can make a profit off survival, but I will post in a different topic. Profiting off survival is important too because then the company will pay more attention and put more effort into it. Anyways here goes my suggestions
1. Have a dedicated public server for new players. For example only new players with less than 1 month old account can only have access to this survival server. It allows them to integrate their self in the game and to learn while unimpeded by veteran players who are just out for blood. Now people who are new still have all the other servers open to them if they want to explore and learn in other ways. This game does not have a tutorial and the game has a huge learning curve, especially if it is the first time playing a game like this. I have only been playing for 2 months and it was my first. I have since tried several other games which might have different aspects and some minor things that sound cooler, but this game is the overall best and I feel it can be made great. Its just the player base is not consistent. Sometimes you have 1 server in survival with 20+ people and all other servers are 2-4 people. I believe if more players can be integrated properly, they will stay longer.
2. Once invited to a group there should be no team killing allowed. I know this is authentic and makes sense that you can team kill because it is realistic. The problem is that a good amount of players are toxic and are jerks and will kill people just to kill them. Like they invite them just to find them and kill them regardless of loot or reputation. I mean if team killing is a reasonable option, perhaps make a timer after joining the group that you cant kill them or lets say if you do kill a teammate you are restricted from being a part of another group for lets say a 24 hour punishment? Like make it possible perhaps, but have limitations and restrictions. I heard from people that when I started playing that it was just changed from not being able to team kill. So there used to be a team protection from killing. I come across a lot of new players and when I hear or see them get killed they actually tend to leave the game and may not play again. The game has a huge learning curve, especially if you have never played a game like this before.
3. Condense and combine servers. I feel having duplicate servers stretches the already thin player base. So for each region only have 1 copy of each map. People already server hop from region to region including myself. I am from New York state and I play on all 4 regions personally. This will have to be in combination of my first suggestion though, so that way the new players won't be overflooded from the experienced players.
4. Change the way private servers operate. Yes I know besides skins that private servers are the only way for the company to make money and is probably the best and most effective way for company profit, but people love this game. People will still play regardless of these changes because there is no other game out there like NewZ. Anyways I feel that on private servers loot quanity and spawn rate should be determined on several factors to encourage more openness with people playing together. So if a server is set to password protected. The loot spawn rate should be the lowest possible. I know a lot of people will think this is bad. Well not everyone is old enough to have a credit card or have money to afford a private server. So people that can will have an advantage of having a lot of loot and more loot already from having a private place to freely loot without interference from anyone else. There is a tiered system though. So if the server is password protected its lowest loot, if it is not password protected and PVE status then the loot is set a little higher. If it is not password protected and PVP status then the loot is actually higher than a normal server. I feel the PVP part of survival is the most important aspect. Because realistically man's greatest danger is other men. So PVP is essential and should be given a reason for people to want to play on a private PVP server. People will still want to rent private servers. Perhaps some people will be disgusted by this in survival. But I ask why is anyone even wanting to play survival if all you are doing is looting on a password protected private server? What is the risk and reward in that if all you are doing is stock piling items? And for what? Just to keep stock piling more? I farm loot and stock up on loot so that I can go out and PvP, but right now I have so much loot from past 2 months that I don't care about farming I just want to go out in survival and try to explore and see what I can find and hope I run across some people that will want to give me a good and fun fire fight.
5. I think if there are multiple servers available on each region for a single map, that one of the duplicate maps should be made into a no group server. So everyone would be for themselves. Yes I am aware there are ways around this. I know like discord or whatever. But still if there are people and a firefight ensues bullets could fly in any direction and with self preservation kicked in, I am sure you will shoot anyone you see with fear of them shooting you first. I think it would add a different dynamic to the game. Spice things up a little bit.
I hope people actually take time to think about these suggestions and thoughts. This is still a great game and it is growing and decreasing at the same time. I want this game to live because I want to play this years to come and I don't want all my farming and PvPing to be for nothing.